La Piel que habito/The Skin I Live in

« Older   Newer »
DondeMirarlas
icon13  view post Posted on 19/1/2014, 20:19

Theskinilivein-poster

A very intriguing Pedro Almodovar film, full of twists and surprises.
It does make your stomach ache at parts as it is so hard, sharp cutting edge to watch, but it is nonetheless worth seeing.

It's the story of a plastic surgeon that operates on this man after he suspects that he raped his daughter. He transforms him into a woman...making her look like his ex wife who died from a fire accident.

Here is the full sinopsis:
Surgeon Robert Ledgard was successful in cultivating artificial skin resistant to burns and insect bites, which he says he has been testing on athymic mice, which he calls “GAL”. He presents his results in a medical symposium but when he privately discloses he has also conducted illegal transgenetic experiments on humans, he is forbidden to continue with his research.
On his secluded estate, Ledgard is keeping a young woman named Vera captive, with the help of one of his servants, Marilia. Due to the suspension of his official experiments, Robert asks Marilia to dismiss the other servants.
While Robert is out, Marilia's son Zeca, having committed a robbery, arrives and asks his mother to hide him for a few days. He sees Vera on Ledgard's security camera screens and demands to see her in the flesh. When Marilia refuses to let him stay after she invites him in, he binds and gags her and then rapes Vera. Robert soon arrives and kills Zeca.
While Robert disposes of Zeca’s body, Marilia tells Vera that she is the mother of both Zeca and Robert by different men, a fact she has not shared with them. Robert was adopted by Marilia’s employers but was ultimately raised by her. Zeca later left to live in the streets and smuggle drugs, while Robert went to medical school and married a woman named Gal. When Zeca came back years later, he and Gal ran off together, only to be involved in a terrible car crash. Gal was left badly burnt and thereafter lived in total darkness and without any mirrors. One day, while hearing her daughter Norma singing in the garden, Gal accidentally saw her own reflection in the window, and, traumatized by the sight, jumped to her death.
In the present day, Robert comes back and spends the night with Vera. During the night, he dreams of his past, specifically the night of a wedding six years earlier, where he finds Norma unconscious on the ground. Norma, taking medication for psychosis, and in shock, thinks that her father has raped her and develops a fear of all men. She eventually kills herself in the same manner that her mother did.
Vera, too, dreams about the same event: Vicente, a young man who works in his mother's dress shop, crashes the wedding and meets Norma. The two start to have sex in the garden, but Norma, hearing the song she sung as a child the day her mother committed suicide, has a panic attack and bites Vicente, in order to make him stop. He knocks her unconscious, fleeing the scene, just as Robert arrives.
Robert tracks Vicente down, kidnaps him, and subjects him to sex reassignment surgery. Over a period of six years, Robert physically transforms Vicente into Vera, a replica of his late wife.
After an absence of four years, Marilia returns to work in Robert’s house to look after Vera, inadvertently revealing to Vera that she has been held captive for the last six years.
Back in the present day, Vera's new relationship with Robert dismays Marilia, who does not trust her. Fulgencio, one of Robert's colleagues, reads a news story about the missing Vicente and recognizes him as one of their sex change patients. He accuses Robert of falsifying Vicente's consent and of experimenting on him. Vera arrives to support Robert, asserting her willing participation. During the night, Robert and Vera try to have sex, but Vera tells him that she is still sore from being raped, and goes downstairs to get some lubricant. She takes Robert's gun from his desk and goes upstairs, killing both Robert and Marilia.
Vera returns to her mother's dress shop for the first time as a woman, tearfully telling her lesbian ex-colleague Cristina, whom she had loved as a young man, of her kidnapping and forced sex change, before revealing her identity to her mother.

Eles
view post Posted on 19/1/2014, 20:28

Vedendo Banderas non posso fare a meno di pensare a lui che parla con le galline!!! :huh: :o: :unsure: :mobhhho::

Keybook
view post Posted on 19/1/2014, 20:33

CITAZIONE (Eles @ 19/1/2014, 20:28) 
Vedendo Banderas non posso fare a meno di pensare a lui che parla con le galline!!! :huh: :o: :unsure: :mobhhho::

ahahahahahahaha....la pubblicità del mulino bianco lo ha rovinato!!!!!!!

Io per fortuna avevo visto questo film pre "Rosita" !!!

Ritornando al film, l'inizio è un pò lento come tutti i film di Almodovar, ma nel finale svela un intreccio che ripaga di ogni cosa!!!

Hola Pé
view post Posted on 19/1/2014, 21:16

I haven't seen this film yet ;) but from the description that someone made to me en directa mientre acabava de verlo fuera si como yo tambien lo estaba mirando :D

i like almodovar's movie..i think he's one of the genius directors.
his film though are always full of surprises!!!! :O and always so intricate and complex!
we understood that he loves difficult stories :D
but i think that with this one he conquer the award :D
when i ll watch the movie i will be able to make a more long comment ;P

CITAZIONE

ahahahahahahaha....la pubblicità del mulino bianco lo ha rovinato!!!!!!!

meno male que non lho vista :D

Keybook
view post Posted on 19/1/2014, 22:28

Pè, non ti puoi perdere queste perle!!!

Video

Solo per te!!!!

Hola Pé
view post Posted on 19/1/2014, 22:32

:D :D :D :D :D ahjahahhahahahhahahahha perke noon la posti nell altro topic degli spot??:)

Io quero ver el muvieeeeeee :(

5 replies since 19/1/2014, 20:20   37 views