Ciao a tutte!

« Older   Newer »
Ava G
icon1  view post Posted on 19/2/2014, 20:10

Hola Forum ^_^ I would first off like to say, that I , obviously, speak English, and very little Italian or Spanish, :blink: , ;) but am always willing to learn.
That being said, I will tell you a bit about how I came to discover both PepSi and the forum.

I was introduced to the forum, by Donde Mirarlas. The forum, as well as it's members are as wonderful, diverse and friendly as she indicated.. ^_^ In fact it is one of the best forums I have seen, which is one reason why I decided to become a member despite not knowing much Italian. :D

I discovered Pepsi/LHDP through YouTube. ( Actually, one of Donde's excellent videos was among the first I saw.). I must admit that the chemistry between Laura and Marian was such that I had to seek out the show. ;) I began watching various episodes in Italian , and fell in love with show even more once I found epies with English subtitles and could actually know what was being said., hahahaha. I only have access through videos that people graciously post online, and as of yet there are no DVD'S of LHDP of any sort available to the American market.
So I only know what I've been able to see from episodes posted online. The show is of such a good quality that I am hard pressed to pick favorite. :-). I can tell you that one of my favorites contains the infamous "hangar' scene, where Silvia is worried about what people will think we're she to date Pepa, and Pepa tells her, " I'm not asking you to be with a woman. I'm asking you to be with me.". They proceed hand in hand along a make believe platform in order to catch a phantom train, ;- )., and Sylvia indicates she may be gone for hours, and Pepa says something to the effect that she will have to go with Silvia because she can't stand to be away from her that long. :wub: Thus marks my conversion to becoming a lifelong Pepista!!!! :D
(Just to put all those Silvistas in the forum on notice! ) :P

As if you couldn't tell, ;-), I enjoy writing, :-D and the fact that there are so many different topics of discussions that one can take part. I find the topics relevant and interesting, and the people, intelligent, friendly, and fun. I look forward to meeting more of you. :-)

Viva La Pepa!!! :D ::Laurafan:: :nopepsinofesta:

mongolfiera
view post Posted on 19/2/2014, 22:05

Welcome Ava. I agree with you: " members are as wonderful"
:D

Ava G
view post Posted on 19/2/2014, 22:15

Grazie Mongo. So has my experience been thusfar. ;) Now, then....onto important matters. Pepista or Silvista? ;) :D

mongolfiera
view post Posted on 19/2/2014, 22:22

Well.... to be honest I cannot choose. I think I will consider them as "one".

Ava G
view post Posted on 19/2/2014, 22:32

:D Awwwww. Very sweet answer, Mongo. Safe as well. Ahahaha.
I like to think of them as one, as they both seem to complete each other. Still.....there's just something about Pepa that gets to me, ^_^ Admittedly, she needs Silvia to balance out her more impetuous tendencies. ;)

Hola Pé
view post Posted on 20/2/2014, 12:29

Hola e benvenuta a bordo
Thanks for taking a moment to introduce ur self here ^_^
I m sure you will enjoy all the subject we talk about ( and open new topic if u d like to) even if we are still too italianized:D (just made up this word lol)
And also the noce people around here(i ve see u and mongo made friends in the tag board :)
I can read u had watch the italian subtitled episodes from pepa y silvia,hope u had enjoy it (before they took em off !!)
I m quite sure i ve seen lhdp dvd for america on amazon so maybe u ll b able to find it there.
Pues nada enjoy the forum y hasta las pepsis siempre

Ot.
Mongo non solo mi hai stupita perche non sapevo parlassi inglese ma..te non eri silvista?????0.o

DondeMirarlas
view post Posted on 20/2/2014, 12:38

Welcome Ava! It's good that after fighting with your pc :D you finally had the chance of introducing yourself.
I feel that our forum is like a family. A family originated from the same common theme - to enjoy watching LHDP and Pepa y Silvia. It's great that we all still talk about PepSi and at the same time we talk about anything else that we find relevant and that may be relevant to others.
We want to diversify the forum and at the same time attach our members even more by personalizing sections and topics which directly involve each one of us.
The issue at the moment is the reorganization of themes and topics in their tables - and this will take a while to perform, but we will get there eventually!

As we had previously discussed you could start a topic about world press. I don't think we need one everyday though (we don't wish to disengage the viewer or the members, we wish to involve them). Perhaps once a week is ideal and can bring several world press issues at one time. ;)
Benvenuta tra noi ;)

Well.... to be honest I cannot choose. I think I will consider them as "one".

Mongo, I thought you were a Silvista convicta! Very wise answer, my dear :)

Ava G
view post Posted on 20/2/2014, 16:01

Hola, Pe! ;) (I like the name!) :D
Yes, I too enjoy the many different subjects/topics, and as Mongo so aptly pointed out , " above all the people.". (Even if they are a bit too " Italianized". ) :P :D :D :D
You made me laugh with that term! :lol: But tell me honestly, now, Pe; could there ever really be such a thing as too " Italianized"??? :D :B): I hope that you and the other forum members don't find me a bit too "Angloized." ;) So you are not the only one who can make up new words! :P (I actually had to enter both into my mobile dictionary, to prevent Autocorrect from changing them!) :lol: I'm sure I will enjoy the many exchanges and new friendships formed through the forum, "Italianized" or not. ;)

Thanks for the alert regarding the LHDP DVDs on Amazon. The only ones I've seen had no English subtitles, and had only been formatted for the European market. ( Meaning the DVDs would not play in American made DVD players.). Hopefully that situation has changed and I'll finally be able to purchase the show. I'll check into it. ^_^

Btw, I do not find any of you, stupid, simply because of not understanding English! Quite the contrary. I admire the linguistic skills most of you have, as all are far more advanced in your grasp of the English language than I mine of Italian! I'm sure you all will find me quite stupid and slow to understand ( after all, I am idiot enough to join an Italian forum with little understandings of the language!) :blink: :haruhi: :D
Hopefully, with such gracious ( and patient) teachers, I will become " Italianized" sooner rather than later. ;)
Btw, Pe, when I typed in your new word, "Italianized", Autocorrect suggested " Taliban" instead. :wacko: :lol: :lol: (That Autocorrect can be a dangerous thing, no???) ;)

Que???? Me, a la Silvista ?? Pardon e moi????? SACRILÈGE! :o: :P :D
I am afraid you misunderstood me, madame. :P Marian is beautiful, yes, but for me, claro, the beauty, and charm of el Hermosa Queen Pepa is beyond compare. :wub: Plus she is a little loco, no?? A trait to which I can relate. ;)

Viva la Pepa.! Hasta las Pepsi siempre :drinkpepsi:

Ps. The views expressed in this email have not been endorsed by las Silvistas de el forum.
:mariansanta: :nonperdona:

And yet still.....I am Ahora y siempre.......Pepista 100%
::Laurafan::

Ava G
view post Posted on 20/2/2014, 17:13

Hola Donde! Sorry, my computer issues are not resolving, so I'll have to do a systems check, clear memory and a defrag, and hopefully, get the issue sorted. Mobile also shut down on the middle of my reply to you, so I, for once, ;) Will attempt to be brief. (You know how that usually goes.) :-D.

Anyway, I do love the familial atmosphere and diversity of topics, opinions, personalities displayed on the forum and firmly believe that it is precisely this combination that makes the forum exceptional. I think that adding new topics that are relevant to people's lives and providing a way for new members, visitors/guests to be easily involved are key to the forums growth. That and the continued excellence, dedication and love that the Administrators/Moderators put into maintaining and growing the integrity and friendly familial feel of the forum.

As a had discussed, I like the idea of having a World News section. It could stand on its own, or be a part of the International section, which I honestly find lacking, in that it currently only has fan fiction subsection , which is only available in one language. ( I know the language issues are being addressed,--which I greatly appreciate--but the language/ translation issue is critical for future growth of the forum, the International section on particular. Enough said regarding the subject.) ;-).
Resuming.....I agree that the world news section would only need to be updated once a twice a week, possibly more in the future, interest warrants more frequent posts. I think working title "World Post" is sufficient for now, as many diverse topics can be introduced under this heading. I am willing to take on the task of posting items for this new section, provided that it meets the approval of all Administrators. I would most likely have time to contribute on the weekends, and with my myriad computer/technology issues may require your assistance. So, other than working out these issues, I would be happy to contribute to the forum in this capacity. Discuss it with the other Administrators and let me know what is decided.

DondeMirarlas
view post Posted on 20/2/2014, 19:19

so I, for once, ;) Will attempt to be brief. (You know how that usually goes.) :-D

I know yes!

The international section - I personally was never in favour of its existence! and in my opinion that should disappear and the subtopics be integrated somewhere else.

In terms of the translator, Wikipedia is not a forum and this seems to be the problem, in which we can make the forum Homepage be translated but the issue becomes harder when we need all sections to be translated. We can look into how wikipedia is set up but I'm not sure they have the translators there for free. ;) Don't worry for now as hopefully not having an immediate translator at the moment might make it actually easier for you to integrate in the forum family.
One of the Administrators is already looking at the translation issue.

The Wold Post section should therefore not be under the International Section as I would like to exterminate that ;). Perhaps in ALTRE CURIOSITA' - TUTTO IL RESTO DELL'OFF TOPIC. There was a subsection for the press in 'A Ruota Libera', but we can actually create a Topic called 'World Post' which will be easily seen.
A weekly post as I mentioned, not a daily one. We don't wish to turn the forum into a daily newspaper as it may divert people away from the rest of the topics. I'll have a chat with the other Administrators and let you know ;)

Hola Pé
view post Posted on 21/2/2014, 14:50

CITAZIONE
Que???? Me, a la Silvista ?? Pardon e moi????? SACRILÈGE! :o: :P :D
I am afraid you misunderstood me, madame. :P Marian is beautiful, yes, but for me, claro, the beauty, and charm of el Hermosa Queen Pepa is beyond compare. :wub: Plus she is a little loco, no?? A trait to which I can relate. ;)

Viva la Pepa.! Hasta las Pepsi siempre :drinkpepsi:

i think you misunderstood me :D
i was refering to Mongolfiera :) i thought she was a silvista...but i not sure no :D

Ava G
view post Posted on 21/2/2014, 15:14

Thanks for clarifying, Pe. ;) Funny, you are the second person that has said they thought that Mongolfiero was a Silvista but now are not so sure. Perhaps she is coming around to all of Miss Pepa's myriad charms. ;) Hmmmm.....muy interesante. :B):

mongolfiera
view post Posted on 21/2/2014, 22:13

I didn't think my opinion was so important. Let me clarify: I voted Silvia, but I really think that we cannot divide these 2 ladies. They are one soul.

Ava G
view post Posted on 22/2/2014, 01:50

Ciao Mongo. As far as the importance of your opinion goes, apparently, it (and you) means a great deal, as your friends on the forum seem to hold you in high regard and speak of you with affection. ^_^ I don't really know you, but from our few interactions you seem a nice person. :) Regarding the Pepa vs. Silvia debate, for me, it is a friendly rivalry, all in good fun, and is a fun way to meet others and spark conversation. ;-).
You know, although I am a loyal Pepista, claro ;-), a big appeal of the show is the relationship between Pepa and Silvia. I like the way the show has portrayed not only the attraction between the two, bit the affection; and how it portrays, that although the two are entirely different personalities ,that each woman complements the other and shows how the two are less without each other and how they truly "share the same soul.". The relationship beautifully portrays what genuine love and commitment is meant to be. All of that to say, that Pepa and Sylvia are indeed one soul. We hated to see them parted so tragically on the show, and they should not be so on the forum. They belong together, so I propose we keep them that way.....and keep PepSi in our hearts, and the heart of the forum. Viva la PepSi! Siempre. After all, some things just belong together, (like chocolate and raspberries...and rum and Coke). ;) :D

13 replies since 19/2/2014, 20:10   144 views